Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by TeroTolkki on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:48 am

Storm wrote:
TeroTolkki wrote:Mors Principium Est.
If you aren't familiar with them and you like melodic death metal...well MPE is for you! Never really got the attention they would've deserved.

It kills me. Simply kills me. Me and my best friend are totally hooked on this band! They are brilliant!! I listen to them and get that kick.. "wow, this is why I love metal!" Very Happy

I got to a point some weeks ago that I ended up sending an e-mail to the guys asking "How long till the new album guys! C'mooooooon" Very Happy Unfortunately their reply didn't contain stuff I wanted to hear...there is nothing on the new album yet Crying or Very sad

Rarely I get addicted to bands so badly. There are only few ones that have done that to me and MPE is one of them.
avatar
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Age : 46
Location : Hellsinki
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:53 pm

My top two favorite Finnish bands (and bands in general):

Children of Bodom
The 69 Eyes

I know it's an odd pairing, but I like to say that the 69 Eyes are my guilty pleasure because everything else I listen to would be considered alot more metal than they are.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:07 am

mariavp wrote:
Storm wrote:cool to see that TRACEDAWN became a favorite for some people! Very Happy such young band!

true. These guys are enjoyable, and they sound nice live Razz

They were in Tuska last year, I was so amazed that they made it so fast to such festival! I didn't see them, but it's nice to hear...


@ Tero: aww....
Next time ask the MPE guys (for me) who does the clean vocals in 'Into Illusion'! That song is so special... could be a good tune for the Finnish gothic metal fans... Smile So charming and haunting!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by TeroTolkki on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 am

Storm wrote:@ Tero: aww....
Next time ask the MPE guys (for me) who does the clean vocals in 'Into Illusion'! That song is so special... could be a good tune for the Finnish gothic metal fans... Smile So charming and haunting!

The clean vocals on Into Illusion were by Jori Haukio who played guitars on MPE from 1999-2006.
avatar
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Age : 46
Location : Hellsinki
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Oh, so it was him! Thanks! Too bad he's no longer in the ranks, I loved the stuff when he was with the band.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by TeroTolkki on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Storm wrote:Oh, so it was him! Thanks! Too bad he's no longer in the ranks, I loved the stuff when he was with the band.

You're welcome Very Happy
avatar
TeroTolkki
Admin

Male Number of posts : 100
Age : 46
Location : Hellsinki
Registration date : 2008-04-23

http://www.metalfromfinland.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:55 am

Well Tarja is my favorite, but I also have to mention Hanoi Rocks, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Tarot, Northern Kings, and Brother Firetribe. Cool

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:15 am

well i'm getting more and more into lullacry and mpe...hope to see them once live here to...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 am

I agree with Storm, what a cruel question!

I have a (sort of) shortlist of which my favourite changes all the time;

Ensiferum
Wintersun
Moonsorrow

Korpiklaani
Kiuas
Turisas
Children Of Bodom
Finntroll
Nightwish

....and I am astounded that I'm only the second person to list Moonsorrow! =o

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

centurychild wrote:well i'm getting more and more into lullacry and mpe...hope to see them once live here to...

I wish we could see bands of this kind (I'm from Romania too)... but I'm afraid that neither the public, nor the organizers are in this direction. Even Artmania festival is no longer what it used to be, imho. Only one Finnish band this year, and it's Nightwish, the one that's so famous and that we've seen so many times already... They only focus on the very popular acts Neutral

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:41 am

..My favourite right now are:

Children Of Bodom
Nightwish
Korpiklaani
Diablo

I didn't know Diablo before seeing them live with CoB. I really liked their show so I bought their album and now I love them.
It's always nice when you go to a show and you see a band that you didn't know before and you actually like it. And I have to say it happens quite often with finnish bands Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:50 am

Storm wrote:
centurychild wrote:well i'm getting more and more into lullacry and mpe...hope to see them once live here to...

I wish we could see bands of this kind (I'm from Romania too)... but I'm afraid that neither the public, nor the organizers are in this direction. Even Artmania festival is no longer what it used to be, imho. Only one Finnish band this year, and it's Nightwish, the one that's so famous and that we've seen so many times already... They only focus on the very popular acts Neutral

yeah..i know exactly what you mean...but i have to say that maybe the public would like to see not so famous bands but the organizers are..well..only after the money...unfortunately.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:52 am

centurychild wrote:
Storm wrote:
centurychild wrote:well i'm getting more and more into lullacry and mpe...hope to see them once live here to...

I wish we could see bands of this kind (I'm from Romania too)... but I'm afraid that neither the public, nor the organizers are in this direction. Even Artmania festival is no longer what it used to be, imho. Only one Finnish band this year, and it's Nightwish, the one that's so famous and that we've seen so many times already... They only focus on the very popular acts Neutral

yeah..i know exactly what you mean...but i have to say that maybe the public would like to see not so famous bands but the organizers are..well..only after the money...unfortunately.

Sad, but i guess that's how it goes... Neutral

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:47 pm

SENTENCED
Divercia
Charon
Lullacry
Amorphis
For My Pain
Poisonblack
Dark The Suns

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:10 am

Dead Leaves wrote:SENTENCED
Divercia
Charon
Lullacry
Amorphis
For My Pain
Poisonblack
Dark The Suns

Wow. That list touches my heart Smile DIVERCIA! They are so impressive and so dear to me... It's my second most played band in last.fm.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:48 am

At the moment I'm listening to Sinergy. I read about them at MFF's front page and what I read was very interesting. So I gave them a try.

I like this band. The music is very powerful and the singer has a very good voice. Her voice is a bit rougher than the most voices of other female singers. I definitely have to listen to some more songs.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 pm

As a "seek" searcher Razz of Suomi's finnest metal acts I must warn you ...besides the cult bands....for some amazing bands out there , such as :
DRAUGNIM
ENTHROPE
EVEMASTER
IKUINEN KAAMOS
OBSCURANT
SOULFALLEN
AS CREATION FALLS
ALL DREAMS DYING
AMARANTINE
CALDWELL
EMBERS LEFT
...some of them are infortunatelly inactive but it's not a waste of time hearing them....I promise Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:06 am

Yep, he knows what he's saying Wink

@Arwen: I also like that kind of vocals. I tend to listen to female voices that sound deeper and different. Like Sarah Jezebel-Deva in Angtoria, Ms Maya in Deathlike Silence....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Arwen wrote:At the moment I'm listening to Sinergy. I read about them at MFF's front page and what I read was very interesting. So I gave them a try.

I like this band. The music is very powerful and the singer has a very good voice. Her voice is a bit rougher than the most voices of other female singers. I definitely have to listen to some more songs.


Kimberly's vocals have always reminded me a little of Doro Pesch's style, but then again I think she mentioned (or some interview mentioned) that she was influenced by Doro.

If you want a really 'different' female voice, have you tried listening to Arch Enemy?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:00 am

Oh yes, I like Arch Enemy. I love "Rise Of The Tyrant".
She sounds more like a male voalist than a woman. I guess it's because of the style she's using is normally used by male vocalists.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:06 pm

@Storm: I love Angtoria! That girl can sing, and she also writes excellent lyrics.

I just listened to Sonata Arctica over the weekend for the first time - it was Ecliptica. Are you guys going to crucify me if I admit here that I wasn't super keen on it? Neutral

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:57 am

Maybe you should listen to another album. They changed their style, especially Unia is quite different. But not everyone has to like SA. Very Happy
I can't wait for the new album. bounce

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 am

Arwen: thanks for the recommend! I just watched their newest video, and I liked that song a lot, actually. I'll take a look around for Unia.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Arwen wrote:Oh yes, I like Arch Enemy. I love "Rise Of The Tyrant".
She sounds more like a male voalist than a woman. I guess it's because of the style she's using is normally used by male vocalists.

It's funny that she has such a masculine vocal style considering that when you see Arch Enemy live, you realize that Angela is tiny.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:38 am

In my opinion I think we have to remember Tuomas Saukkonen(Before The Dawn, Dawn Of Solace... and first but not least he's latest project Black Sun Aeon - Darkness Walks Besides Me, in witch I'm drowning almoust every day)....this guy is not from this earth Laughing
P.S - I almoust forget to mention Hanging Garden ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJE2gFrQtA

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:37 am

mine are :

Swallow the Sun(<3)
Amorphis
Children of Bodom
Turisas
Nightwish(with TARJA only;p )

...and the list goes on but if i'll start typing aaaalll the amazing fin bands out there i will stop tomorrow :p so just my top 5 for now Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:43 am

@ Arthur.
whoa! thanks for posting the link. Hanging Garden sounded great!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:19 am

Children Of Bodom Hate Crew
Stone (Fuckin Legends!)
Sinergy
Norther
Stam1na

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:29 am

HIM
Children of Bodom
69 eyes
Sentenced
Nightwish
Turisas

and at least 3 of those bands have done a Billy Idol cover so that makes them extra awesome! Wink

cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 am

Ensiferum
Norther
Children of Bodom
Kalmah

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Finnish Metal Band

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum