Metal Band Assessment

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Metal Band Assessment

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 pm

efin7184 wrote:
Ravisk wrote:
I mean who in their right fucking mind, would wanna listen to shit like Suicide Silence?? It's just noise, same as Bring Me The Cuntshit. And Dom Lawson being a total retard that he is said that the current Bodom is better than the old one, like dude this British wanker don't know shit.

You're right! Old Bodom > New Bodom!

See, when bands go commerical, they lose so much of what they were when they started, plus their identity.. It becomes about making money.. Evil or Very Mad
And I hate it when band use the "We Hate the Old Sound BS Crap!" Then why did they do it in the 1st place anyways eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Ravisk wrote:
efin7184 wrote:
Ravisk wrote:
I mean who in their right fucking mind, would wanna listen to shit like Suicide Silence?? It's just noise, same as Bring Me The Cuntshit. And Dom Lawson being a total retard that he is said that the current Bodom is better than the old one, like dude this British wanker don't know shit.

You're right! Old Bodom > New Bodom!

See, when bands go commerical, they lose so much of what they were when they started, plus their identity.. It becomes about making money.. Evil or Very Mad
And I hate it when band use the "We Hate the Old Sound BS Crap!" Then why did they do it in the 1st place anyways eh?

Oh yeah! I know exactly what you mean.. So what if the production isn't the greatest??!? It's the music that counts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:32 am

True, true haha. The old sound of Bodom is what defines em as a whole band.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Here's my assessment of Norther

Strengths:
Song writing and Lyrics: Petri is a total genius on that department, Bodom kinda pales on that department

Vocals: Petri and Kride can switch between growling and clean

Weakness: They are often refered as the Poor Man's Version of CoB plus also the lack of awesome gigs and touring affected to em kicking out founding member Petri Lindroos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Very good on Norther! I am working on Wintersun here in a second!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:53 pm

But yeah Sonwriting wise Norther is solid, but Bodom when they go Solo overkill, Norther got nothing on Bodom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Ravisk wrote:But yeah Sonwriting wise Norther is solid, but Bodom when they go Solo overkill, Norther got nothing on Bodom.

True. COB has Roope too, and we all know how good he is! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:04 pm

efin7184 wrote:
Ravisk wrote:But yeah Sonwriting wise Norther is solid, but Bodom when they go Solo overkill, Norther got nothing on Bodom.

Bodom can reach their full potential with Roope if Alexi gives the green light to re enact the guitar duels that both the Wildchild and Kekkonen are famous for in Sinergy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Ravisk wrote:
efin7184 wrote:

Bodom can reach their full potential with Roope if Alexi gives the green light to re enact the guitar duels that both the Wildchild and Kekkonen are famous for in Sinergy.

Exactly! I think they have the potential to be like how Friedman and Mustaine were in Megadeth.. (especially Hangar 18).. purely an epic guitar duo! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Though if Norther hired Jari Maenpaa instead of that Fatass Aleksi Sihvonen (Imperanon/Medicated) they would give Bodom a good run for their money

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Ravisk wrote:Though if Norther hired Jari Maenpaa instead of that Fatass Aleksi Sihvonen (Imperanon/Medicated) they would give Bodom a good run for their money

If Norther got Jari, that band would be out of this world!! cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm

But yeah haha Norther with Jari Maenpaa is so totally out of this world, haha I can think a big "What If?" Scenario with Jari and Norther, the way I see it Jari can improve their sound probably Wintersun version 2.0 xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Ravisk wrote:But yeah haha Norther with Jari Maenpaa is so totally out of this world, haha I can think a big "What If?" Scenario with Jari and Norther, the way I see it Jari can improve their sound probably Wintersun version 2.0 xD

True! I think Jari would make them sound better no question, and get them out of the -core mode...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Squad for the Extermination of Core bands, Shove our MDM down their throats although I love Lamb Of God xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Ravisk wrote:Squad for the Extermination of Core bands, Shove our MDM down their throats although I love Lamb Of God xD

Is Lamb of God even metalcore? I thought they were just like post-thrash metal?? Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Haha well Lamb Of God is Thrash thank god although ALID, A7X, Bring me The Horseshit, Suicide Silence, Winds Of Plague should be exterminated at all costs via Finnish MDM Shred Fury.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Ravisk wrote:Haha well Lamb Of God is Thrash thank god although ALID, A7X, Bring me The Horseshit, Suicide Silence, Winds Of Plague should be exterminated at all costs via Finnish MDM Shred Fury.

Yeah.. I really have grown to dislike the metalcore scene here in America! It seems that they are missing out of the Finnish metal! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Time for The Finnish MDM Crusade!! Destroying Core bands 1 day at a time, heck they won't survive WOA without being raining bottles haha xD Good eg is when MCR Headlined Download Fest in England on 07 with Slayer and Deth as side bands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Ravisk wrote:Time for The Finnish MDM Crusade!! Destroying Core bands 1 day at a time, heck they won't survive WOA without being raining bottles haha xD Good eg is when MCR Headlined Download Fest in England on 07 with Slayer and Deth as side bands.

Heh... MCR wouldn't stand a chance... What a Face

I'm surprised they could even be in the same concert as those bands!! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Here's the infamous Raining Bottle at Download Fest 07 *Notice the guy who shouted Wanker haha I'd give 50 bucks for saying that at MCR xD*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Yeah man, I have heard of this bottling of MCR before!! Pretty intense man!

Reminds me of when HIM got booed and middle-fingered when they were on tour with Metallica a few years back!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:29 pm

James i'm waiting for the Wintersun Assessment!! xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Okay, here is Wintersun:

Strengths:

- Solos and melody : Some of the best ever recorded IMO.

- Song Structure : Jari has proven himself to be a great songwriter with both Ensiferum and Wintersun

- Technicality and complexity : Every member of Wintersun is consistant and good along with Jari.

Weaknesses:

- Live performances: I think Jari and the band play rather well, but I think they could improve their live sound a little, judging from what I saw on YouTube.

- No live keyboardist: For all of that synth he uses in the mix, they should have a session keyboardist.

Anything else to add Ravisk? This is all I can think of right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:06 pm

efin7184 wrote:Okay, here is Wintersun:

Strengths:

- Solos and melody : Some of the best ever recorded IMO.

- Song Structure : Jari has proven himself to be a great songwriter with both Ensiferum and Wintersun

- Technicality and complexity : Every member of Wintersun is consistant and good along with Jari.

Weaknesses:

- Live performances: I think Jari and the band play rather well, but I think they could improve their live sound a little, judging from what I saw on YouTube.

- No live keyboardist: For all of that synth he uses in the mix, they should have a session keyboardist.

Anything else to add Ravisk? This is all I can think of right now.
Just the Keyboardist but overall Wintersun is a complete package lthough I'm kinda fussy on how the 1st track eneded on 2mins ++ which can be lengthened to give and take 4 mins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:10 pm

I agree! Beyond the Dark Sun is the only real complaint really.. the song is awesome, but it needs to be longer, you're right!

Winter Madness has the best solo on the album.

Death and the Healing for me is the best overall track on the album.

Of course, the rest of it is amazing! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:13 am

James I just realised how Bodom and Norther can make em sound more awesome, do a Metallica as in the S&M style haha, well probably Bodom with the Finnish National Orchestra or combine all the music schools in Finland xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:15 am

Ravisk wrote:James I just realised how Bodom and Norther can make em sound more awesome, do a Metallica as in the S&M style haha, well probably Bodom with the Finnish National Orchestra or combine all the music schools in Finland xD

Maybe.. that would be interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:16 am

Haha listening to MOP and Battery S&M Styled xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:18 am

Ravisk wrote:Haha listening to MOP and Battery S&M Styled xD

I think Call of Ktulu is the best done in S&M style IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 am

efin7184 wrote:
Ravisk wrote:Haha listening to MOP and Battery S&M Styled xD

I think Call of Ktulu is the best done in S&M style IMO.
Haha for a Bodom/Norther songs what tracks would gonna sound good with S&M style?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top