General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 pm

This is a thread about general discussion about Finnish metal, bands, and the music. Remember, this is about Finnish bands and music only, so stay on topic and have fun! Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Another great idea, James!

I am currently listening to a lot of Silentium and Crimfall!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:55 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Another great idea, James!

I am currently listening to a lot of Silentium and Crimfall!

Great Finnish bands.. unknown and not as popular but pretty good.

Crimfall sounds a lot like Turisas only with a female vocalist.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Crimfall also has it's web site bug fixed, as I found out on Last.fm the other day.

Here is the ULR: http://www.crimfall.com/index.php

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Silentium sold me on their cover of Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited." I am hooked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKb27wRjDU

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Silentium sold me on their cover of Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited." I am hooked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKb27wRjDU

Yeah.. it is a decent cover, even though I am not really an Alanis Morissette fan.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 pm

efin7184 wrote:
CanuckFan wrote:Silentium sold me on their cover of Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited." I am hooked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKb27wRjDU

Yeah.. it is a decent cover, even though I am not really an Alanis Morissette fan.

"Uninvited" is one of Alanis's best songs, IMO!

I'm not surprised you're not an Alanis fan! Her music is definitely about women for women! And women older than YOU!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 pm

CanuckFan wrote:
efin7184 wrote:
CanuckFan wrote:Silentium sold me on their cover of Alanis Morissette's "Uninvited." I am hooked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKb27wRjDU

Yeah.. it is a decent cover, even though I am not really an Alanis Morissette fan.

"Uninvited" is one of Alanis's best songs, IMO!

I'm not surprised you're not an Alanis fan! Her music is definitely about women for women! And women older than YOU!

Yeah.... I am not a fan of that style of music at all.... she seems to be quite popular with women.. but I just could never get into her music..

I'll give her this.. the music video "Thank You" was quite clever. I remember seeing it back when I was in Jr. High!!! Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:18 pm

"Thank You" is a great song!

Have you seen this parody? It's killer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gITr1alPvD4

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Kilpi is a finnish band I just recently got into:



They sing in finnish while playing 80's hard rock/heavy metal. Very talented. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:33 pm

efin7184 wrote:Kilpi is a finnish band I just recently got into:



They sing in finnish while playing 80's hard rock/heavy metal. Very talented. Smile

I like this! I think I've seen this video somewhere before...It looks familiar to me...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 pm

CanuckFan wrote:
efin7184 wrote:Kilpi is a finnish band I just recently got into:



They sing in finnish while playing 80's hard rock/heavy metal. Very talented. Smile

I like this! I think I've seen this video somewhere before...It looks familiar to me...

I know... me too, but I don't know where. This is a pretty cool video. I guess they have decent popularity in Finland from what I heard. But everyone in the band is from other bands.. except for the guitarist.. whose name well happens to be "Pete Kilpi!" Very Happy

I wonder if that is a "Van Halen" influence? Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Could be the VH influence for sure!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:38 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Could be the VH influence for sure!

I think so too since their style is similar to theirs.. with the whole 80's throwback image and sound!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Heavy Metal Perse is another band that sings in finnish too:



I like this song by them. These guys are quite good too, a lot like Kilpi, except with a more melodic metal drive to it.

In finnish the name of their band stands for "Heavy Metal ASS!" Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 pm

This is a pretty good song!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 pm

I wish I could understand the words because I know I'd get way more out of the music that way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:02 pm

CanuckFan wrote:This is a pretty good song!

It's their best song IMO. I prefer Kilpi, but HMP is good too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:04 pm

CanuckFan wrote:I wish I could understand the words because I know I'd get way more out of the music that way.

That song means something about hailing a king or something.. that is what I heard.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Here is a lovely ballad by Silentium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLoLEYgcLc

This song really speaks to me......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:13 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Here is a lovely ballad by Silentium:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLoLEYgcLc

This song really speaks to me......

Interesting song I must say.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:14 pm

There is a heavier, "band version" too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:21 pm

CanuckFan wrote:There is a heavier, "band version" too.

hmmm... that ought to sound interesting.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Here is the full band version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6qPuuymBvw

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:38 pm

CanuckFan wrote:Here is the full band version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6qPuuymBvw

Eh.. not my kind of song really.. I like the lighter version better though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:33 pm

You are very hard to please.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:40 pm

CanuckFan wrote:You are very hard to please.

What? I said I liked the softer version! Very Happy Razz

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Actually, I kind of like it better, too.......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: General Finnish Metal/Music Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum